I was going more for a branch look than a poop look, but I think people got the pt! haha
Search This Blog
Friday, May 18, 2012
I hate frosting!!
We had a wonderful Easter this year. We went to church in the afternoon and had a fun lesson with our 14-15 yr old sunday school class. After church, we headed over to the Institute on Eastern's campus. Jody Tait (my second mother her in Cheney) invited us to join her family for Easter dinner there. (She has 6 grown boys, 5 married all with at least one kid, it was a blast!) I volunteered to make cupcakes, mostly because I wanted a reason to try vegan cupcakes without having to eat all the batches myself!
For some reason I always find myself baking and decorating baked goods super late at night! So it was nothing new when I was decorating the cupcakes at midnight. I know not why this happens since I hateeee frosting! I always get the texture wrong, the piping bags always leak and break, my counters are always ridiculously dirty and sticky, and Spencer usually falls asleep before I've finished so I'm all by myself in a super dirty kitchen with sticky hands (MY LEAST FAVORITE THING IN THE WORLD) HAHAH Anywho, I think they turned out super cute! I did the vanilla cupcakes with green frosting and colored m&ms for cute eggs. The chocolate muffins had chocolate frosting with blue m&ms to look like little blue birds. :) I was pretty happy with how the cupcakes turned out, but still want to mess around with the recipe til they're exactly or almost like non-vegan cupcakes :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


cute!!! I can help you with frosting recipe...but you have to use a little milk and butter...so you'd probably shrivel and die :)
ReplyDelete