Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It's finally spring in Cheney!

There have been about 8 or so days of warmth and bright sunshine, so I got super gung-ho about building a raised bed in front of our house where no grass ever seems to grow!  Spencer had to go to baseball practice, so I gathered all the wood from our landlords spare wood pile and laid out what would work and what needed to be cut to size.  The next morning we got up early to finish it. (I got up early and dragged Spencer with me, I was sooo excited to build it!) We had a small power saw but it was powered by batteries.  All of which were all or almost dead! We would charge the battery and then use a hand saw to cut some pieces, then get the power saw and have enough power to cut one board! It was fun, but some hard work!  Im really pleased with how it turned out :)






I planted peas, carrots, spinach, arugula, and lettuce.  I also planted forget me nots and some random daisy seeds I had.  Unfortunately, the chickens dug up most of my seeds before they had a chance!  So after we got the chicken wire up, I have 6 pea plants, 5 arugula plants, and a few carrots.  I also have something that I have no idea what it is, but its growing all over!! lol I dont want to pull it up yet, because it may be something I planted, but I cant match the seedling picture to anything I planted! oh well!!  (pics to come, its raining today and I dont want to get wet!)

On another warm sunday, we wanted to do something fun outside, so I looked on pinterest and found an easy home-made kite.  It was so fun to make it together and it worked great!!!!  The wind got super bad towards sundown and ended up breaking one of the sticks, not suprisingly, because the only sticks we had on hand were made out of balsa.  We bought some dowels to make it stronger the next time we were at the store.  We also played some baseball with the neighbors outside in their huge field.  I actually hit TWO balls!! I haven't played baseball since by t-ball days! I am sooooo excited for summer and to do a bunch of fun things before school starts and I have zero time!


He's so cute!



It's broken :(

No comments:

Post a Comment