Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Nannying

I've been nannying for about 3 months now. I watch a 5 yr old girl (Amy) and a 2 yr old boy (Kevin). Their mom works quite a few hours per week, so I usually have them 5 or 6 days a week for about 12 hours a day. I have learned a lot, both about how kids learn and patience! haha Spencer has been an immense help! He'll help with getting the kids breakfast and watches them when ever I have an orchestra rehearsal or errand to run! He's been great about going from newlyweds to a family of four! haha We will take them to church with us if I work on Sundays (the family is in our ward) and Spencer is so helpful in keeping them quite. This last Sunday, Spencer was sick so he stayed home. I don't know how single parents do it! It was a chore to keep Kevin entertained and I even had another little girl sitting with us too! I was glad to drop them off at nursery and primary! :)

Amy loves doing crafts, so her mom brings activities that we can do together. Recently, I have been having her sound out words to earn beads so we can make bead animals. She has been struggling with wanting to sound words out, so once I thought of an incentive that she liked, she did great!
Decorated a spongebob cake

Kevin is doing much better with talking and being active. He is putting a couple of words together now and is learning to ask for something when he wants it. He just turned two and I can't believe the difference between a 23 month old and a 25 month old! It's crazy!

Last week I had the wonderful chance to watch my Viola professor's 7 month twins! They are soooo cute! Dru and Lucy, it was sooo fun to watch them and a great change from big kids! I loveee watching babies. I can make them laugh all day long, I love seeing their whole face light up with a smile :) For some reason my patience with babies is way better than with toddlers and older kids. That's where Spencer is great, he loves playing around with the big kids and I love the babies, perfect match! haha

They were rolling all over each other, so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment