I flew into Iowa on the 15th of Feb. Brandi picked me up from the airport and we screamed together, so excited that I was there! We went to the house to have a snack and then took Kenna to Karate. I can't believe how great she is and how BIG she is getting. I love Karate and all that they teach the kids! Spencer and I are defn going to put our kids in it! After Karate, we picked the boys up from their daycare. I was soooo excited to see all the kids! They are gorgeous and I love them so much. It has been so fun to see Grayson from when he was born to now, almost every month! I love being at there house and I kept saying how wonderful it would be to live so close to them! Brandi made a yummy vegan meal that night. Stuffed peppers. She was so silly, stressed about what I was going to be able to eat when I was there! HAHA there was plenty to eat! We watched a cooking show together just like old times this last summer, before bed. I set my alarm for 6am, not really necessary since I barely slept! It was such a blessing to be able to stay there. I had a familiar bed to sleep in and a bathroom to get ready in. Then I got to have breakfast with my lovely niece and nephews. Brandi drew me one of her famous maps and I borrowed their car. I drove on familiar roads all the way to the school. The only stressful moment was when it took me 5 mins to find a parking spot and I had to speed walk to the building so I wasn't late! haha I wasn't the last person there, so no worries. There were about 18 people there to interview too. Most were my age, there were 2 other girls there, and a few older people. They took us to a conference room where we met with a woman from admissions staff and a professor Dr. Mueller. They were both very friendly and defn helped with my nerves! We went around the table introducing ourselves. I of course had to go first! Luckily, I did great, and I totally saw Dr. M put a mark next to my name, a great sign! Then we went on a tour of the campus, had lunch with a few current students, and then waited for the interview! That was the WORST! ugh!! The person before took 30 mins longer than he was scheduled for and then the interviewers took 20 mins longer before they came and got me. It was so nerve raking to wait that long! Once they came and got me and we started talking I was totally comfortable. The interview went great! I called mom and Spencer after I got out of my interview. They were both extremely excited for me!
I spent the rest of my trip hanging with Brandi and her fam. She had a baby shower that Sunday, so I helped her with making the food. It was so great to be there and not have to worry about studying or having an interview! :)
I flew back home Saturday night. And then we waited to hear back. DMU said it would be about three weeks before I heard back from them. And just like the invite to come interview, they were right on time. Exactly three weeks after my interview, I got the email! I checked my email that morning before I left for an orchestra rehearsal, but nothing had come yet. I went to my two hour rehearsal and played horribly the whole time, I was sooooo unfocused! I got home and Spencer greeted me and acted like nothing had changed. Then I went to my computer and saw the email! The heading said CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I was so shocked and excited I had no idea how to feel! Spencer looked at me and smiled and told me how proud he was! That stinker found out a whole hour before I did!
I spent the next hour or so calling everyone and telling them the good news. Mom was first. She was at work and we screamed, laughed, and cried together!!! Then Brandi! She said she almost peed her pants she was so excited! So, I am going to Medical School! crazy huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment