Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Decorating and Christmas Concerts

Spencer and I are sooooo excited about Christmas this year! We starting listening to Christmas music every day since November 1st and can't get enough. We have slowly been decorating the house and finished this week with the addition of our Christmas tree. Spencer was also very excited to decorate the house with Christmas lights, so he bought out Shopko's light supply! ;p Joann's had a huge 50% off sale for all their Christmas decorations, so we splurged on some decs!



Our Christmas tree

I put this wreath together with things from Joann's.


The angel we got at Joann's


Our first house decorated!

We started some new traditions that I hope stick with us as the years go by.
1. We got an advent calendar. He filled the even days and I filled the odd days. So on Dec 1st at midnight, I opened the little door to get my present. On the second at midnight, he got his! Its so fun! :) Spencer got little stockings that we can put our little gifts in (usually a piece of paper saying what we got).

Advent Calendar (Target)

Stockings for our little gifts :)

2. Spencer and I had a family home evening this week were I found a General Conference talk given by Elder Dallin H. Oaks about Joy. I have been feeling kind of down on myself some days due to my lack of finding a job and helping provide for our family, so I thought this would be a good topic. My favorite quote from the talk was, "Happiness and joy come from what a person is, not from what he or she possesses or appears to be." Hopefully I can remember this when I start to feel sorry for myself! After that, we made Christmas ornaments that reminded us of Joy. Next year I want to make another ornament with something else written on it! :)

Mine on the left, Spencer's on the right.

The back of mine.

Last week I played in Eastern's winter concert and this week Spencer had his first choir performance! :) I had such a wonderful time watching him perform, I could have watched him sing all night long. He was definitely the cutest one up there. Unfortunately, his group only sang 4 songs and were the first ones to perform, so I was checking each performance off for the rest of the concert. Luckily, it was only an hour long performance. Spencer endured my two hour concert the week before, so I have no complaints! :) He loved performing and is so glad I highly recommended him to do choir this quarter. ;)

I'm sure I embarrassed him when I made him take this picture!


Action shot

The concert was held in a downtown church that had beautiful stained glass.


So Awesome! They were huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment