Brandi and Josh got us a very generous gift card to the Melting Pot, a delicious fondue restaurant. Spencer and I celebrated New Year's Eve eating to our heart's content. I'm laughing now as I type this, because our meal totally contradicts my last post about being a vegan, but it was delicious!
The first course was a white cheese with pesto and walnuts. We had apples, broccoli, bread, and cauliflower to dip it in! Yum!
Second course was a salad choice. I got a spinach strawberry salad and Spencer got an iceberg ranch and bacon salad.
Third course was the main dish. They brought out lobster, scallops, mushroom stuffed ravioli, jerk chicken, filet mignon, and steak medallions. They also brought out raw potatoes, broccoli, and mushrooms. It was so fun to cook it in the boiling stock! We we're sooo tired though! Our reservation was at 11pm! We finished at 1!
Fourth and last course was the desert! YUM!! Chocolate peanut butter fondue with strawberries, flavored marshmallows, rice krispie treats, cheesecake, pound cake and brownies!
WE WE'RE SO FULL!
But actually not uncomfortably full, because nothing was fired or super greasy! I was very pleased! Recently I have been frustrated with going out to eat because everything I order or on the menu seems to be way too greasy and lack luster in flavor and fresh ingredients. So this was a blast!
Thank you guys for a wonderful night out!! :)
Plus, we got to dress up! My favorite :)





Hey, that scarf looks smashing on you. I can't believe you STARTED eating at 11. Crazy kids! So glad you had a special night out. Loved having you here at Christmas and looking forward to many more.
ReplyDelete