Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bike Ride

Today, I went on a wonderful bike ride. I've only gone on a few this summer, all of which were in Iowa, so it was nice to get on the bike again. Spencer left for work at 5. I didn't want to sit and be bored, so I thought it would be nice. It was!! A beautiful day. I went on a road that I had never been on and it was really fun to see the nature and what was out there :) It was about 6 miles round trip. It had two medium sized hills and took me 45 mins with about a 5 min break at Ruby's bait shop at Lake. I don't know if that's a good time or not, Brandi will have to tell me ;) I had no idea that there was even a lake out there or where the road led! It was beautiful, I was bummed I didn't bring my camera. I found a windy forest road that I want to explore next time, so I am defn bringing my camera on that ride. It was so refreshing to be outside in the sunshine and fresh air. It's pretty wooded in some areas, so there's a great pine scent in the air. I loved it! I can see why Brandi loves to bike, you see the world in such a different way. I don't know why people would ever choose running over biking. Im always so exhausted and miserable running, the only thing I think of is stopping or passing out!!

Here is a map of where I went. The purple is where our house is.
Sorry it's not a super clear image.

1 comment:

  1. yay for biking! It is my therapy!!! I usually go around 15 mph...so 6 miles in 45 min is a good start! But casual rides aren't about speed, glad you are getting into it!

    ReplyDelete