Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Our First Home

Well there was finally a day when all the rooms were clean and organized so I could take pictures of our first home. We love it here and couldn't ask for anything more! It looks a little depressing on the outside, but the inside is so cozy!

The front door, the only closest in the house (right, curtain), and bathroom (left).

Our bathroom. Small, but very functional.

Living room and hallway leading to dining room and kitchen. Tali snuck in the picture.

Living room, view from front door. We love this room! We found the cute white pillows at Wal-mart of all places.

Living room. Door leading to the second bedroom.

Other side of living room. The clock was Spencer's favorite wedding gift. :)

Second bedroom. View from living room. Coco sitting pretty :)

When we first moved in, this room was the catch all room. There were boxes, stacks of papers, and misc. things all over the room. About a week ago Spencer went into the room and started to move boxes in the shed. I started to organize my desk and my craft table and before we knew it, the room was clean and organized! A Shoemaker MIRACLE!! Unfortunately, I have a feeling that my desk will be just like moms. A never ending cycle of stacking papers and cleaning them off. :)

My craft table and Spencer's desk.

The catch all desk.... clean for the only time of its existence.

View into our bedroom from the second room.

Our bedroom. According to Brandi, we're grown up, because we have a bed set with matching pillows. ;)

All of our dressers and our lovely screen to watch Lost on :) View into the second bedroom.

I pressed some of the flowers from my bouquet and Spencer's boutineer while we were in Hawaii. Then I arranged them and hot glue gunned them into the frame everyone signed at our receptions. I think it turned out great! :) Plus, I got to use my craft table for the first time! Sooo great!

View into the kitchen from our bedroom.

View into our bedroom from the kitchen.

Luckily, the last renters left the metal shelves in the kitchen. Very handy!

More of the kitchen and my basil and oregano plants. I transplanted them into pots for the winter. The oregano seems to be doing well but the basil is struggling. I really hope it pulls through. Unfortunately, I'm known to be around when plants die....


Spencer's mom, Denise, made these tiles for the reception. We LOVE them!! They are soooo cute! This is looking into the dining room from the kitchen. On the right is the laundry room.

Our eating nook. Ian got us two blank canvases. We hung them, but haven't gotten around to painting anything yet. We want to do something with the advice from our sealing. To remember the 4 C's throughout our lives. Communication, courtship, courtesy, and commitment. I was thinking writing the words with flowers in the background.

A cute bridal shower gift ;) Every time I cook a good meal, Spencer always wants to compare to see if the sign is right!!! Hehehe

Our laundry room. It has a lot of shelving. The wall behind the door is all shelves, which is wonderful since storage is scare here.

This was the first meal I made with a bunch of wedding gifts, including a wonderful corningware dish, so I thought it was picture worthy. These are DELICIOUS red stuffed peppers with curry rice and corn! YUM! Spencer was a fan :)

1 comment: